Brazil Fortaleza East Mission

This blog will share my experiences for the next 2 years while on my mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints with the people of the Brazil Fortaleza East Mission.

I will start my mission with 6 weeks in the Sao Paulo Brazil Missionary Training Center (MTC), where I will learn to speak Portuguese and receive training on teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I am very privilaged to be able to do this, as it will be a great opportunity for me to grow as individual, all while bringing others to Christ. My mission is to share the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ to the people of Brazil, as well as serve them as Christ would serve them. I am very excited for this opportunity and hope to do my very best.

Elder Daynen Biggs

Monday, September 7, 2015

First Transfer in the Field -after 8 months...

September 7, 2015

The New Area!


Alright!  It's been quite the week!  And I'll just start right now with the big questions:  1) I'm in Fortaleza, the area is called Castelão and 2) My comp is Elder Da Hora.  He's about as Brazilian as it gets (from Rio) and is pretty cool.  When I heard about my new area being in Fortaleza, my heart kinda sunk.  I was told that I was going to Jardim Castelão, and Elder Camargo told me that it was a good area, with everything and at least I'm not going to HIS first area, Castelão, where the ward only has 60 people attending, TONS, of problems, and the meet in a warehouse. Literally.

What would I do in a ward?  Well established.  Church building.  Tudo bem.  I don’t wanna just kind of, by through.  But when I arrived here, I discovered that my area isn’t Jardim Castelão, it's Castelão.  I immediately got excited!  Now, I got a challenge, something to do!  I also found out that this was the former area of Elder Camargo, Elder Rodrigues, AND Elder Young.  Yeah!  All of my companions served here.

Also, if you wanna know exactly where in Fortaleza is my area, just look up the stadium where Brazil lost to Germany because its INSIDE my area.  I'd send pics, but the computer isn’t letting me.  But this area is very small, like Santa Rita Ranch and Mesquite Canyon.  And the Stadium here is IN our area.  So that’s cool!  I'm already starting to get to know the members, they're pretty unexcited, but we'll see what we can do.  Also, if I could ask that you guys pray for one thing, pray that Elder Da Hora and I's companionship gets better.  We're completely different and are having kind of a hard time adjusting to one another, but, it’ll be good.

Alright, that’s all for this week! I'll be sure to write more next week, but until then: Tchau!

Elder Biggs
Its a long way from Trindade, ~650km (400mi)


No comments:

Post a Comment