Brazil Fortaleza East Mission

This blog will share my experiences for the next 2 years while on my mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints with the people of the Brazil Fortaleza East Mission.

I will start my mission with 6 weeks in the Sao Paulo Brazil Missionary Training Center (MTC), where I will learn to speak Portuguese and receive training on teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I am very privilaged to be able to do this, as it will be a great opportunity for me to grow as individual, all while bringing others to Christ. My mission is to share the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ to the people of Brazil, as well as serve them as Christ would serve them. I am very excited for this opportunity and hope to do my very best.

Elder Daynen Biggs

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I Made It!

We got our first email from Daynen.  We are so excited for him and he sounds awesome!  The mix of emotions is crazy, but we are overwhelmed with gratitude and excitement.  It's funny that after his whole life of preparing him for this, we had no idea what it would really feel like until we actually sent him away.  We also got a letter from the MTC president who sent this picture.

Daynen's Letter today:

I just arrived at the MTC here in Sao Paulo.  The temperature is super nice and I have absolutley no idea what I am doing or what anyone is saying.  I didn`t get a chance to read Dad`s email because I only have 10 minutes on the computer, but I just wanted you to know that I made it here alright and that I`m all good.
By the way, there were 2 other missionaries on the flight to Atlanta, and almost 40 on the way to Brazil, including my friend from high school! So that`s cool. I didn`t get sick on the flight, but I did after I got off. Anyways, I`m not sure when P-day is, but I`ll write you then!
-Elder Biggs

No comments:

Post a Comment