Brazil Fortaleza East Mission

This blog will share my experiences for the next 2 years while on my mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints with the people of the Brazil Fortaleza East Mission.

I will start my mission with 6 weeks in the Sao Paulo Brazil Missionary Training Center (MTC), where I will learn to speak Portuguese and receive training on teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I am very privilaged to be able to do this, as it will be a great opportunity for me to grow as individual, all while bringing others to Christ. My mission is to share the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ to the people of Brazil, as well as serve them as Christ would serve them. I am very excited for this opportunity and hope to do my very best.

Elder Daynen Biggs

Friday, November 28, 2014

Week 1 in the MTC

Holy Cow! This has been the longest week and a half in my life.  It feels like I left months ago!   As for how I`ve been doing, I`ve been pretty good.  Today is my first P-day and we got to go to the temple!   The MTC is nothing at all what I though it was going to be.  There are a couple hundrerd missionaries and it`s very small.  My companion, Elder Wedekind and I have become very good friends and get along pretty well. My district has 3 other companionships in it and is one of the only ones without any sisters.  We`re all very close and I`ve become really good friends with one of them named Elder Wiltbank.   The food here is very good and the city is GORGEOUS!  I`ve taken a bunch of really cool pictures but we`re actually not allowed to send pictures from here, so I guess you see them in 5 weeks.     The only thing that I am having a hard time with is the language.  That is pretty stressful.  Granted I`ve learned more Portuguese in a week and a half than I did Spanish in two years at school. But because everyone here speaks Portuguese, I am not able to easily communicate with them, even though I can understand them now, so thats a plus! But if you pray for anything specific in my behalf, please pray for the gift of tounges, cause I`ll need it.   Other than that, my experiance here has been pretty good.  I`ve had plenty of really cool experiances that I`d love to share but I only have 3 more minutes to finish writing.   Anyways, thank you for writing, that was the only thing I had been looking forward to for the last week.     I love you guys!

Elder Biggs


a pic from missionties.com

No comments:

Post a Comment