Brazil Fortaleza East Mission

This blog will share my experiences for the next 2 years while on my mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints with the people of the Brazil Fortaleza East Mission.

I will start my mission with 6 weeks in the Sao Paulo Brazil Missionary Training Center (MTC), where I will learn to speak Portuguese and receive training on teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I am very privilaged to be able to do this, as it will be a great opportunity for me to grow as individual, all while bringing others to Christ. My mission is to share the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ to the people of Brazil, as well as serve them as Christ would serve them. I am very excited for this opportunity and hope to do my very best.

Elder Daynen Biggs

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Week 2 in MTC

If you had asked me 3 days ago about how i was doing with the language, I would have told you Terrible! But since then I have made a ton of progess!  I am able to understand my instructors ALMOST all the time and can speak much better!  The people outside the MTC who talk a million miles per hour though is a different story.  The hardest part of the MTC at this point is the boredom.  The exact same thing everyday can get a little tiring. We sit in one class all day except for meals.  But My companion and I are very good friends at this point! There are bad days where we want to kill eachother sometimes, but he has become one of my best friends in the 2 weeks I've known him.  Then there's my district.  We have all become so close, we all have such a close bond, that it really is what gets me through the long days.

The MTC in Brazil (according to the missionaries who came from Provo) is WAY more strict.  It`s easier to learn the language, they say, but its very strict.  That's not a huge problem, but it is a little lame.  
 The overall experience here is really great!  I'm missing home but Im not homesick.  And I'm really excitied to get out in the feild! 

Congrats on selling the car! I`m very happy for you. And sorry about not being very good about packing up my stuff, was kinda in a hurry.

I really appreciate all the emails, even though I only have a limited time to email, it's really nice.  I've been struggling with the filmmaking urge this week but I will try my best to fight it!  I love all of you and can't wait to talk to you on Christmas, which sounds like it will be awesome here btw.

-Elder Biggs

No comments:

Post a Comment