Brazil Fortaleza East Mission

This blog will share my experiences for the next 2 years while on my mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints with the people of the Brazil Fortaleza East Mission.

I will start my mission with 6 weeks in the Sao Paulo Brazil Missionary Training Center (MTC), where I will learn to speak Portuguese and receive training on teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I am very privilaged to be able to do this, as it will be a great opportunity for me to grow as individual, all while bringing others to Christ. My mission is to share the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ to the people of Brazil, as well as serve them as Christ would serve them. I am very excited for this opportunity and hope to do my very best.

Elder Daynen Biggs

Friday, December 12, 2014

Week 3 in the MTC


This week has been farily similar to the last 2.  We did get 2 new elders in our district, and one of them is a film major, so thats cool!

This week we did get to go out proselyting, and that was supper cool. Each person got 2 BoMs and I placed mine within 15 minutes.  It was a super cool experiance filled with speaking the language, crazy naked 50 year old ladies, and talking to a drugged up homless man for 30 minutes.

The language is getting easier.  I can talk about a lot of gospel topics and can read fairly well, but I still can't understand anyone outside the MTC.  But that will probably come with time in the feild.

Is that "He is the Gift" video all over the internet? Thats what Ive been told, but I havent seen the rest of the world.  That videos super cool and we watch it every single meeting.  Anyways, tell everyone thanks for writing and that I love all of you!

Elder Biggs
**There is a website called MissionTies.com that will arrange for the missionaries to get cookies, milkshakes, and pizza from a local shop by the MTC.  We sent some money for Daynen and his district to have cookies and milk shakes.  :) I guess since we can't send packages to the MTC this is his Christmas.  Feliz Natal!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment