Brazil Fortaleza East Mission

This blog will share my experiences for the next 2 years while on my mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints with the people of the Brazil Fortaleza East Mission.

I will start my mission with 6 weeks in the Sao Paulo Brazil Missionary Training Center (MTC), where I will learn to speak Portuguese and receive training on teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I am very privilaged to be able to do this, as it will be a great opportunity for me to grow as individual, all while bringing others to Christ. My mission is to share the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ to the people of Brazil, as well as serve them as Christ would serve them. I am very excited for this opportunity and hope to do my very best.

Elder Daynen Biggs

Friday, December 19, 2014

Week 4 in the MTC


 Thanks for the email and the pictures! I didn't recognize Gus and I am still laughing at Reygan's picture with Scrooge!

I'm glad to hear news from home and that everything is going good. We just got the schedules for Christmas and I will be calling at 12:30-1:00 Brazilian Time. Just so you know :)
But the food is actually really good.  Beans and Rice are like brazilian Juica (sorta) and Guaranna will make a fine Root Beer substitute! The only problem is the repitition, but P-Days we get to go out and try all the other restaraunts and stuff.  We're meeting our favorite instructor at a chascorea in an hour, so that'll be cool.  They have Oreos and Chocolate milk slao, but not in the MTC.  I'm also gonna check if they have tomato juice today.

But everything is going really well, I'm sending a letter today with an SD card in it that will hopefully get there before I leave here.  Me and my comp are best friends and are told by everyone else in our district that we have the best relationship. We got another member in our district and we moved to a different classroom! WooHoo! We were all pretty excited about that!

The movie making itch is worse than all the mosquito bites I get every night!  I've been taking so many pictures its rediculous. E Wedekind is a super hard military dude and always talks about building an Iron Man suit.  It's funny because we're both kinda interested in the other's hobby, so one day we both talk about his suit, the next we talk about movies.  It's really fun.  Also ukulele, thats another, but I found out that you can buy them in Fortazela so...
Thanks again for the milkshakes, I totally lost it when I found out you got milkshakes! I figured you had something to do with it ;)


We're all really excited for Christmas, none of us expect any gifts or a Christmas like at home, we all just are really excited because of how surrounded we've been by thoughts and lessons of Christ.  It's been pretty cool so far.  Pres. Swenson gives really good talks and devotionals, and is a super great guy.  In fact, he was Pres. Fusco's mission presdient, and said that Fusco is a very cool, funny guy. 
Oh, and Dad, you know that missionary baptizing Sadam Hussein in that picture? That is Elder Swenson, Pres Swenson's oldest son! Crazy right?

Be sure to tell everyone thanks for writing.  Its really nice to look forward to them.  Love you guys!
Elder Biggs

No comments:

Post a Comment